*Seattle Water Taxi directions
How to be a Rebel by Bus Field Trip
West Seattle (Alki) Water Taxi
Saturday July 21, 2012
- Depart from Martin Way Park and Ride at 9:20 am
Intercity Transit Bus 620
Arrive at Highway 512 Park and Ride (in Lakewood) at 9:48 am
Adult fare: $2.50 RRFP*: $1.25
- Depart from Highway 512 Park and Ride at 10:05 am
Sound Transit Bus 594
Arrive in Seattle, at 4th and Jackson (by the King Street Train station, beyond the Century Link Seahawk/Sounder soccer stadium) at 11:15
Adult Fare: $3.50 RRFP: $1.50
- Lunch in Occidental Park: walk west on Jackson Street (toward Elliott Bay) for three blocks. Take a right on Occidental.
- Depart Occidental Park by noon, walk north on Occidental to Yesler Way, turn left (toward Elliott Bay) to Pier 50, Water Taxi dock.
- Purchase Water Taxi tickets at terminal. Credit and debit cards can be used. Adult cash fare: $4.00 ORCA fare: $3.50 RRFP: $1.75
- Water Taxi departs from Pier 50 at 12:30 pm
Arrive at West Seattle Seacrest Park Dock at approximately 12:40 pm
- Catch the Metro shuttle van route 775 at 12:55 pm
This loop route goes up Admiral Way, through the Admiral district, and along Alki Avenue, then back to Seacrest Park.
- The Alki Lighthouse is located a few blocks west of the van stop at 63rd Avenue and Alki. The Lighthouse is open for free tours on the weekend, from 1 – 4 pm.
- The walk along Alki Way (from 63rd) back to the Seacrest Park Ferry is about 2 ½ miles. It’s flat, with wide sidewalks. Lots of strollers, bikes, roller blades, runners, and other walkers will be enjoying this route with you…
- ******Depart Seacrest Park via water taxi at 3:00 or 4:00 pm
- Depart from 2nd Avenue Extension and Washington at 4:25 pm
Sound Transit 594
Arrive at Highway 512 Park and Ride at 5:33 pm
- Depart from Highway 512 Park and Ride at 5:53 pm
Intercity Transit 620
Arrive at Martin Way Park and Ride at 6:20 pm
- RRFP = Regional Reduced Fare Permit, for age 65 and older