Rebel by Bus Adventure
Seattle International District – Chinatown
October 25, 2013
- Depart from Intercity Transit Martin Way Park and Ride at 9:20 am
Intercity Transit Bus 605
Arrive at Highway 512 Park and Ride (in Lakewood) at 9:50 am
Adult fare: $3.00 RRFP*: $1.25
- Depart from Highway 512 Park and Ride at 10:08 am
Sound Transit Bus 594
Arrive in Seattle, at 4th and Jackson (by the King Street Train station, beyond the Century Link Seahawk/Sounder soccer stadium) at 11:15 am
Adult fare: $3.50 RRFP: $1.50
- Restrooms at Union Station. Look at Mary’s notebook or talk to her about ideas of what to see and do. Cheap lunch: Uwajimaya Food Court. On your own until 4 pm.
- Lots of things to do and see:
- Uwajimaya Grocery, Food court, and Asian market – 600 5th Avenue South
- Wing Luke Museum – 8th and King Street. Excellent exhibits and tours.
- Panama Hotel and Tea House – 605 ½ Main Street. (Four blocks east (up hill) on Jackson. Turn left on 6th, and right on Main.) Look through the floor to see items left behind by Japanese who were interned during World War II.
- See refurbished King Street train station. Cross 4th Avenue at Jackson Street.
- Viet Wah Market – Asian grocery and sundry market – 1032 S. Jackson Street
- Kobo and Higo – 604 S. Jackson Street. Books, gifts, art, children’s clothes
- Fuji Bakery – 526 S. King Street
- Meet inside Union Street Station at 4:00 pm; walk together to Sounder Station to buy Sounder tickets at kiosk (cash, debit, or credit card)
Depart from King Street Station, via Sounder train 1511 at 4:32 pm
Arrive at Lakewood Station, 5:45 pm
Adult fare: $5.25 RRFP: $2.50
- Depart from Lakewood Station via Intercity Transit 605 at 5:57 pm
Arrive at Intercity Transit Martin Way Park and Ride at 6:25 pm
Adult fare: $3.00 RRFP: $1.25
*RRFP = Regional Reduced Fare Permit, for age 65 and older – get at downtown Olympia Transit Center, costs $3. Details in Intercity Transit Schedule. Fares are half price or less than adult fare.
Bus riding tidbits:
- Pay exact fare when boarding bus
- Consider getting an ORCA card (See Sound Transit schedule for information)
- Don’t forget to pick up an Intercity Transit (Thurston County) and Sound Transit (Regional Pierce/King/Snohomish Counties) schedules